Hypnotherapy for bipolar disorder. People with bipolar disorder experience extreme unpredictable mood swings between mania, often described as being on “top of the world” and depression-“hitting rock bottom.”
Symptoms of manic phase are :
- Impulsiveness / quickly changing ideas
- Poor concentration
- Racing speech
- Spending sprees
- Lot of involvement in pleasurable activities
- Less need for sleep
- Poor appetite and weight loss
- Irritability and aggressive behavior
Symptoms of depressed phase are :
- Feeling sad, helpless, hopeless, guilty and worthless
- Loss of interest in pleasurable activities
- Sleep problems
- Being lethargic
- Difficulty concentrating
- Negative thought patterns
- Suicidal thoughts
- Feeling restless/agitated
- Changes in appetite
- Difficulty making decisions
Often people suffering with this condition have alcohol issues. They consume alcohol in the manic phase to slow down and in depressive phase to elevate their mood. Bipolar disorder affects relationships at work and in personal life.
How can hypnotherapy help bipolar disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a mental condition that requires help of medical treatment as well as psychotherapy. It is important to seek help from a professional psychotherapist who is trained in hypnosis. Hypnotherapy is a powerful psychotherapeutic approach for bipolar disorder.
- Under hypnosis, powerful suggestion to subconscious mind can create emotional balance, can change physical parameters of the body such as lowering blood pressure, changing breathing pattern.
- Person becomes more aware of their mood swings and gradually finds it easier to manage behavior.
- Hypnotherapy helps person overcome alcohol addiction.
- It works on symptoms like anger and irritability, achieving calm, relaxed and peaceful state of mind.
- It helps in constant increase of self worth and self-esteem
- It helps to resolve interpersonal communication.
Duration of the therapy varies from person to person. It is beneficial to have communication between therapist and psychiatrist after every few session.